After You Apply : What's Next ?

A diverse group of students sitting on steps, each absorbed in their own smartphone, depicting modern campus life.

How to Complete Your Registration


You are just steps away from wrapping up your registration.

Send us a copy of your Attestation of Issuance of your Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) for studies and your study permit as soon as you obtain them.

Note: Ensure you have your LaSalle College acceptance letter (LOA) in hand when starting your CAQ and study permit applications.

Don't wait until it is too late!

Begin the process early, as Canada is a popular destination for studying and the entire process may take more than 15 weeks.

Helpful Information

Find here everything you need for the perfect first day at LaSalle College.

Apply for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)

CAQ is the acronym for “Québec Acceptance Certificate” in French. You will need it to study at LaSalle College.

Since this process can take up to 12 weeks, we strongly recommend you to begin this process immediately. If you already have your CAQ but it is expired, you must reapply and get a new one.

However, note that the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration is committed to processing applications for temporary selection for studies within 20 working days.

How can I obtain a CAQ?

Once the College receives your application and your initial payment, we will send you an official acceptance letter. At this time, you will be able to start your CAQ process.


  1. Go to the Ministère de l'Immigration, Francisation et Intégration website to apply online for a temporary selection for studies.
  2. The fees to open and assess your CAQ file is $128 CAD. The payment must be made by credit card.
  3. You must provide a photocopy of your passport clearly showing your name, photo, expiry date and passport signature.
  4. You must provide the original copy of your acceptance letter.
  5. Although you have not provided proof of health insurance, Immigration Québec strongly recommends that you be insured. By attending LaSalle College, you will automatically be enrolled in a health insurance plan.

For any additional information about required documents or how to get prepared for your application, refer to the gouvernement du Québec website.

Apply for a Study Permit

The study permit is mandatory to study in Canada.

Once you have received your CAQ, you can begin the process for obtaining a study permit (visa). Generally, you must apply for a study permit before you come to Canada.

You need these documents to apply for a study permit:

  • attestation of issuance of your Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
  • proof of acceptance
  • a provincial attestation letter from the province or territory where you plan to study
  • proof of identity
  • proof of financial support

You may also need:

  • a letter of explanation
  • a medical exam
  • a custodian declaration (minors only), or
  • other documents

Refer to this comprehensive guide to make your study permit application.

If your application is accepted, you’ll get your study permit at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada. Until then, you will receive a letter of introduction that says you’re allowed to study in Canada. You need to bring this letter with you and show it to a border services officer when you arrive in Canada.

Ask a question

Got questions about your admission?

We're here to help!

Open House | Online (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) or on campus (3 to 8 p.m.)

Open House

Discover why, every year, thousands of students choose LaSalle College to achieve their dreams.