Cheerful young female student with hand in hair amidst multi-ethnic friends standing in college corridor

Can't find the information you need on this page? Have you visited our "Studying in Canada" section?

What are the main types of diploma offered?

As a college-level institution, we offer 3 main types of diploma:

  • A Diploma of College Studies (DCS);
  • An Attestation of College Studies (ACS);
  • A Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS).

To learn more about the differences between a DCS, an ACS and a DVS, consult the "Diplomas" section of our FAQ.

What are the required documents?

If you want to study in Québec, you need the following documents:

  1. A CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate) for studies;
  2. A study permit.

The College will ask you to provide the following documents:

  1. A certified copy of your birth certificate with parents' names;
  2. A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent (in French or English);
  3. A copy of your recent academic transcripts (in French or English);
  4. A copy of your passport.

* If necessary, you can have your diploma and transcripts translated by an accredited translator.

Students who have not completed their secondary education in Canada will also need to provide results from a standardized language test.

You’ll notice that a proof of health and medical insurance must be provided. The cost of this type of insurance is covered by the college. Upon arrival, we will guide you the obtainment of your insurance card.

NOTE: We want to make our prospective students aware of the time frame for obtaining some of the required documents. It is your responsibility to act as soon as possible and make sure to have the required document on time. If a step is not completed properly, the applicant might not be able to proceed. To learn more, consult our "Processing time" page.

How can I obtain a CAQ?

To obtain a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies, you must submit an online application for temporary selection for studies.

Here are the simple steps to follow:

  1. Prepare your application: Ensure you have all necessary documents ready;
  2. Fill out the online application: Access the online application form for temporary selection for studies and follow the instructions to complete your application;
  3. Prepare the documents: Gather all required documents for your application;
  4. Submit the required documents: Send your documents through the Arrima platform;
  5. Don't forget to pay the $128 CAD fee for processing your application.

Most temporary selection applications for studies are processed within 25 business days. This period begins once the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI) receives your complete application, including:

  • Your application for temporary selection for studies;
  • Payment of the processing fee for your application;
  • All required documents in support of your application.

Remember, to avoid any delays, ensure your application is complete from the start.

For all the details, visit the Quebec government page "Applying for temporary selection for studies".

How can I obtain a study permit?

There are two ways to apply for a study permit:

We suggest applying for a study permit as soon as you receive an acceptance letter from LaSalle College Montréal and a letter of attestation issued by Québec. Depending on the country from which you're applying, it may take up to 3 months to obtain a study permit.

For all the details, please visit the "Study permits and visas" page on the EduCanada website.

If I do not receive my study permit, what are my options?

If you do not receive your study permit, you have the possibility to postpone your entry semester at LaSalle College. To do so, feel free to contact your admissions advisor. They will need to provide you with a new letter of acceptance so that you can submit a new study permit application.

However, note that the $50 admission fee, which covers the opening of your file, is non-refundable.

As an international student, can I work in Canada without a work permit?

Yes. Find out more about the criteria and details on the Government of Canada website.

Open House | Online (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) or on campus (3 to 8 p.m.)

Open House

Discover why, every year, thousands of students choose LaSalle College to achieve their dreams.