A focused woman sits on the floor, working intently on her laptop, with a mug in hand, suggesting a relaxed home environment.

Financing my studies

How much does it cost to study at LaSalle College?

Since LaSalle College is a subsidized private college, the courses are accredited for subsidy purposes by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.

However, it should be noted that variations in tuition fees apply. The Ministry of Education subsidizes most training courses for Quebec students, and subsidizes part of it for Canadian students. This means that fees vary between international, Canadian and Quebec students.

For international students, tuition fees also vary according to citizenship and resident status.

Furthermore, the cost of a training course can also vary according to how many credits it carries.

To get an estimate of the cost of your prefered course, please click here or meet one of our Admission advisor.

How can I finance my studies?

The government places at your disposition a student loans and bursaries program. For more details, please visit our Loans and bursaries section on the College website. You can also meet with our financial advisors who are able to assist you throughout your loan application. They are also qualified to provide financial guidance during your studies.

Please note: For international students, financial aid is limited. Most bursaries are reserved for permanent residents or Canadian citizens studying full time. Consult the Study in Canada section on the College website or meet one of our advisors.

Are there any tools to help me plan for my student budget and for financing my studies?

The Canadian government has provided a reference web page, "Money and finances”.

Customer service - Student Financial Services

How can I talk to a student financial services agent?

You can reach us by MIO (Student Financial Services), by email, by making an appointment or by simply meeting us at our administrative offices, on the 2nd floor. 

What are the agents’ hours?

Our team is available from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST).

Payment plan

Can I pay in several installments?

Yes. The dates that payments must be received are in your contract.

Can I get a payment plan for every term?

If a special situation prevents you from making a payment, you may request a payment plan. You can make this request by sending us an email or by meeting us at our administrative offices, on the 2nd floor. Please allow 10 business days to receive a reply to your request. Payment plans are reserved for special cases due to extraordinary situations. Therefore, students may use a payment plan only once while enrolled at the college. Please note that students may not use a payment plan during their first term.

Paying tuition and fees

How can I pay my tuition and fees?

You can pay online.

Can I pay my tuition and fees in person on campus?

No. You must pay your bill online. Employees are not able to accept payments on campus.

Can I pay my tuition and fees by check or cash?

No. We no longer accept checks or cash. Please view the online payment methods that are available.

I can’t pay on Omnivox because my balance does not show any amount owed. What should I do?

Bills are issued five days before the payment date on your contract. To pay by Omnivox, the bill needs to be issued in order to see the balance to be paid. However, you may pay online at any time here.

I paid the fees shown on my bill, but my account still shows an overdue balance. What should I do?

Depending on your chosen payment method, it takes two to ten business days for the payment to be applied to your account. If after ten days the problem is not resolved, please contact us through MIO - Student Financial Services.

Details of the charges (billing)

Is my contract valid for my entire program of study?

Depending on your program, you may have to sign several contracts, which we call “re-enrollment.”

Do the fees shown on my contract cover my entire program of study or only the term of my contract?

The fees cover only the academic terms shown on your contract. When you sign a new contract (re-enroll), you must pay your registration fees and related fees again. Please note that tuition increases annually according to MEES guidelines; these increases are normally between 3% and 6% per year.

Why are the amounts of the first payments higher?

The first payments are higher because they include fees that relate to the entire term of the contract.

May I remove the fees related to the Fondation LCI Éducation gift?

This is an optional, tax-deductible contribution. Since these fees are in the contract, you must let us know if you do not want to contribute. You must submit a request via MIO - Student Financial Services before the due date. All other fees must be paid before this date. Please allow five business days for the adjustment to appear on your statement.


Why do I have to pay for insurance?

Canadian and international students are required to be insured.

What does the insurance plan cover?

Please refer to the documents on Omnivox - Documents & Messages.

I don't seem to have received my insurance card. Where can I find it?

Your insurance card will be emailed to you (at your personal address). Don’t forget to check your email inbox. If there is any problem, contact us through MIO - Student Financial Services. Please allow five business days for processing.

What are the insurance coverage dates?

If you start your studies in the fall term, your coverage will start in mid-August and last for one year. If you start your studies in the winter term, your coverage will start in mid-January and last for one year.

I am already covered by private insurance. Can I withdraw from the plan offered by LaSalle College?

Yes. You must send us proof of insurance by emailbefore the due date shown on your contract; otherwise, you will be automatically covered by the insurance offered by LaSalle College and you must pay the costs. Please note that your private insurance must have equivalent coverage in order to be approved.

I am a French student and I am insured by RAMQ as part of the France/Quebec partnership. Do I still need by travel insurance?

If you are registered for a foreign student health insurance plan through a social security agreement, it is not required. However, please note that many costs, such as medication, are not covered by RAMQ.

Withdrawal and departure

I would like to withdraw from my term. What should I do?

To withdraw from a term (canceling the educational services contract), you must communicate this in writing to your student coordinator or your admissions counselor to let him or her know that you wish to withdraw and the reason for your withdrawal. This date will be considered the official date of your withdrawal request.

Will I have to pay a penalty for withdrawal?

According to MEES rules, LaSalle College must charge a departure fee and penalties when one terminates or cancels one’s educational services contract. This applies toall departures or withdrawalsthat take place before the end of the first term indicated on the contract.

How long does it take to process my departure/withdrawal request?

The typical processing time for a departure/withdrawal request is ten business days, except at the start of a term, due to a higher volume of requests. If you are due a reimbursement, please allow additional time for reimbursement.

Open House | Online (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) or on campus (3 to 8 p.m.)

Open House

Discover why, every year, thousands of students choose LaSalle College to achieve their dreams.